Thursday, October 15, 2009

Film School: Day One

The reason why i moved to nyc is because i wanted to get into film school. I always loved cinema, it's my ultimate passion, since i was kid i liked to gather up friends or family so that we can make short films,when i was really young, i remember one of the first skits i did, around 10, i was at my grandma's house it was inspired by the famous board game and movie "Cluedo", for the time ever, me and my cousins sat down and start writing down a thing called ''Script'', after we were done, we start shooting, everyone was involve in it, my cousins, aunts, grandma, etc. It came out oh so beautiful and very naive at the same time, everyone had a laugh, Till this day i cannot find the tape were we record it.

From there, film became an addiction. Over the years, i self-taught myself how to develop some techniques. The first time i start to edit, i had two tv's, two VCR's, one cd player and lots of rca cables, my room became an editing room, it was a mess. Later on i got my first computer and thats when things started to get much better. Later on my devotion to film became bigger and better. Without any professional knowledge or background, ideas started to come out organically.

Why am i writing all these? Well, beacause today is my first day of film school.i'm gonna try and prove myself i can make my dream become true. Things are gonna more serious(not in bad way), more technical and professional. I wanted also to make an omage and to thank everyone that encourage, motivate and push me to start this journey.BIG THANK YOU. its a long journey, but after all, it's the thing i always want it, my ultimate happiness.

From these day on, things are gonna get corporate(ha, yes corporate) so i wanted to recap some of the best skits of Natas history, If you enjoyed everything from the past, then wait, because things are gonna get way much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment