Saturday, October 31, 2009

LateNightTales

Hi Natas crew...

For those who don't know me, I'm Frederic Alexander. I used to live in Milan but moved to London for 2 reasons, to perfect my English (who still sucks!) and to be in a city surrounding by music spirit!

Like most of you I like music, but something came to me when I was there.My uncle (music Manager), from Brighton (south UK), have an amazing CD collection... to picture it, well it's like a music store department without the commercial crap! Anyway, came to my hands AnotherLateNight by Zero7.A great album but none of the tracks are from them...


Normally I never check compilation. I just think that's another commercial thing from labels to make money with some useless commercial tracks/artists... So I always looked for real album to get the mood/spirit of the artists & bands... you know what I mean!!!


But then I checked on internet where that AnotherLateNight came from! It was the previous name of this thing called LateNightTales.

website: LateNightTales.co.uk

Basically it's a concept, where artists & bands are welcome to make their own compilation with a simple task... Define yourselves with a 20ish tracks compilation, what inspire you....Snow Patrol, Lindstrom, Nouvelle Vague, AIR or the Flaming

Lips are some of them who did that challenge to share their world.


What a great thing, a none profitable compilation, made by artist who are open to share with us who they trully musically Are!!!

It's a really taught thing to do, to open your doors to everyone. And it's also something hard to make.

So I tried myself....

Well I'm not a musician, but I'm into a music process when it come to create thing anyway...

To made a 20ish compilation could be harder than I thought. It's not like the mixtape or the CD we burn for a road trip... First to choose your best songs who inspire you, could be a long process. My first try made a 200 songs playlist. After came the "One song by Artist"... that's tougher, really!!! But you get a good average of 60. Then come the hardest point! To select the tracks to put this compilation with the same mood! Half of them are gone... you still have 30 songs. The trully result of a 20ish (22 for me) compilation, it's to make the right tracks order!


Well this is my LateNightTales compilation!

(The cover artwork inspired by the LateNightTales artwork too!)




1. Ohia - Farewell Transmission
2. Matt Oldfield - 10
3. King Creosote - Not One Bit Ashamed
4. Laura Veirs - Snow Camping
5. Caribou - Hello Hammerheads
6. Fink - See It All
7. The Brian Jonestown Massacre - You Look Great When I'm Hight
8. Antony & The Johnsons - Her Eyes Are Underneath The Ground
9. AIR - Talisman
10. Elliott Smith - Alameda
11. Boards Of Canada - Peacock Tail
12. Team Lg - Way We Do It
13. Anathallo - Hanasakajijii (Three: The Man Who Made Dead Trees Bloom)
14. School Of Seven Bells - Face To Face On Hight Places
15. Au Revoir Simone - A Violent Yet Flammable World
16. The XX - Crystalised
17. The Egg - Angel Of My Soul
18. Phoenix - Love Like a Sunset (part I & II)
19. Blind Pilot - Oviedo
20. Cat Power - Maybe Not
21. Husky Rescue - New Light Of Tomorrow
22. Yann Tiersen - La Chute


F.A.


No comments:

Post a Comment