Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Million £ Print!

How to make the most amazing print of the season!?


Former Alexander McQueen assistant, I was in charge of the print department.

After Xmas, my boss sent me an email (A.) with an idea around Dogtooth and asked me to make one on Illustrator. (Easy repeat copy-paste/B.).





Then came the main idea: Perspective.




I don't know what came to the mind of Mr. McQueen, but he was looking for something with Magpie and a way to make Dogtooth a Magpie in a circle-perspective way. Well, then it started to get mental! It took me a while, and I went through some mind crisis, but I got it done. (C. & D.)





Now the print was done, but that was only the first (and easiest) step, because the print was only two dimensional. We had to make it three dimensional to be able to make it into a dress. So I was handed a ticket from London to Milan so I could personally go to the factory and place the prints on the "patrons", before the prints went to the fabrics factory to be made into a dress!

The hardest part of doing something like this is to link the prints in a way that the stitches are invisible.


When that was done, the resulting dress was featured on the catwalk.




And that was how we made a Million £ Print. I hope you like it!

F.REDNAXELA

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The magpie is a bird of more than average intelligence. It is self aware and can recognize itself in a mirror as demonstrated by the following video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXk17vpYYgA

    ReplyDelete